24.NOV.2015 - 10.JUL.2018: Athanasios Loukas (Department of Civil Engineering)
01.SEP.2011 - 23.NOV.2015: Pantoleon Skagiannis (Department of Planning and Regional Development)
Prof. Dr P. Skayannis is a qualified architect (AUTH, GR) and holds an MA and PhD in Urban and Regional Studies (Sussex, UK). He has been awarded three Pan-Hellenic architectural prizes and two distinctions related to the teaching of entrepreneurship. He has authored more than 200 publications of all kinds and has participated in 80 research or consultancy projects. He is author of the book Infrastructure Programming Policy (in Greek) and editor/co-editor of 6 books and 2 special journal issues. He has given lectures in many Universities throughout the world.
Current status (2020):
Professor of Infrastructure Policy, Dept. of Planning and Regional Development (DPRD), School of Engineering, University of Thessaly (UTH), Greece. www.prd.uth.gr
- Director of the Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship of the Research Centre “Jason” of UTH
- Scientific Responsible (Principal Investigator) of the Unit of Innovation and Entrepreneurship of UTH.
- Director of the Research Unit of Infrastructure, Technology Policy and Development, DPRD, UTH.
- National Representative to the Association of European Schools of Planning (AESOP).
- Dean of the School of Technology of UTH (since March 2019).
- Member of the Regional Council of Research and Innovation of Thessaly (since November 2017).
- Associate of the Omega Centre for Mega Projects in Transport and Development, The Bartlett, University College London (UCL) since October 2017.
- President of the Volos Port Authority SA (non-exec. October 2018-2019).
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Organization for Planning and Environmental Protection of Athens/Attiki (2011-2014).
- Dean of the School of Engineering, University of Thessaly (2011-2015).
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Association of European Schools of Planning and the Steering Committee of the Global Planning Education Associations Network (2007-2012).
- Visiting Professor (2009) The University of Newcastle upon Tyne, School of Geography, Politics and Sociology, Centre for Urban & Regional Development Studies (CURDS).
- Honorary Senior Research Associate (2016) Development Planning Unit (DPU), The Bartlett, University College London (UCL).
- External Examiner University College London (UCL), Bartlett School of Planning, MSc programme on Mega Infrastructure Planning, Appraisal and Delivery (MIPAD) (2012-2017).
01.SEP.2007 - 31.AUG.2011: Zisis Kotionis (Department of Architecture)
26.FEB.2004 - 31.AUG.2007: Nikolaos Aravas (Department of Mechanical Engineering)